Sunday, September 15, 2013

CHANGEMAKERS



What is one thing that you will change in your life or around you?
Even a question can be liberating, it can set you free by offering you a landscape you don’t see for yourself. So when Satya asked the participants one thing they will like to change, it wasn’t merely a question. He opened a door for them. None of them may have ever imagined they are in control of their life. The question became an answer for them, ‘oh! I can change’. As you read them below you will see that their response was not clouded by their immediate realities…..it helped them see possibility and move away from problem. If that is not liberating, what is? 



‘Change’ Dream
Participant Name
I will work on education in and outside the village
Rakesh
N will get educated and educate others as well.
Sanjay, Ashok, Kamlesh, Jitendra, Sailender, Munna
I will not let anybody get married at an early age in my village.
Basanti
I will not do bonded labour and will not let it happen.
Anita
I will stop Immolation (Killing animals in religious rituals) in my village.
Upendra, Jamui
I will work in providing IAY and electricity in anjani village
Niranjan(Cluster Coordinator)
I will arrange resources for education and study further.
Ranjana
I will not let any child dropout from school in my village.
Ranjeet(BASF Begusarai)
I will continue my studies nest 6 years till I pass B.A.
Satpatia
I will do KsM in my village.
Gudiya
I will go to hostel and study further.
Mamta
I will complete my studies till B.A.
Kajal, Pooja
There is a great need of education and health facilities in my village. I will work on it.
Poonam(Nineismine)
I want to study further but my parents are against it.
Lakho
I will study till B.A.
Munchun
I will not follow superstitions related to my community (Musahar). I will also help youth of my community to make pressure on government officials for their rights.
Saurabh(Cluster Coordinator)
I will motivate youth towards education through BASF and will work for betterment of the society.
Amarjeet(BASF Rohtas)
I will put efforts and help in the best possible manner to facilitate realizing the resolutions made today by participants
Satyendra (Satya)(CSEI)
I will motivate girls towards education and will convince their parents.
Swati (Khel Se Mel)
I am a 5th class dropout. I will study further and complete my education till B.A.
Ramanti
I have studied till 1st standard. I will study further. I will also do KsM.
Pratima
I will not follow bad rituals, customs and religious activities which are based on blind faith and superstition. I will practice gender equity in my family and society.
Kamal(TISS)
I will put best of my efforts to make teachers available in Marmezpur village, Rohtas, where teachers do not come.
Munna (Rohtas)
I will work to create learning experiences/activities to help all of you to learn what would be useful to achieve your dreams
Agyat(Khel Se Mel)

No comments:

Post a Comment